Walls are defensive structures that can be built on wall foundations that can be found in strategic places spread across the maps. They are the third type of claimable structure, besides monuments and power wells. Walls often block a chokepoint in the terrain or surround a monument location. Small units can stand on the wall to defend it.
Building a wall
Claiming a wall requires ground presence nearby, and costs a variable amount of power (25 or more) depending on the wall. Walls bind 90% of their power cost, the other 10% of the power cost is lost (see Void Power).
Walls consist of several segments that are all built at once. Each wall segment has ?? life points. Attacking and destroying one wall segments allows most units to pass through. The power bound by the wall is only refunded when all segments are destroyed. Deleting the wall destroys all segments.
A lot of walls offer a choice of two orientations for construction. This determines from which side units can climb on the wall.
Small units can stand on top of walls. This reduces the damage they take from attacks. Knockback effects can knock units off the wall. If a wall segment is destroyed, units that were standing on that segment
Flying units can fly over walls unhindered.
Walls often come with a gate segment which allows friendly ground units to pass through.
Cards that target walls