PvP matches, players get a gold reward at the end of the match, based on the duration of the match and whether or not they won or lost.
- For winning single player matchmaking, twp upgrade cards are granted, for everything else four in total.
- The upgrade tier of all cards is determined by the difficulty of the completed match.
- Standard Difficulty yields upgrade cards of Tier I, Advanced Tier II and Expert Tier III.
- Each map has a pool of thematically fitting upgrade cards that can only drop on that map. These pools include cards of all difficulties per map and then two or four out of that pool are randomly rewarded at the end.
- The upgrades can either be assigned to the player (get randomly assigned in reward mode "Random") or disenchanted into Gold. A player cannot get a duplicate upgrade and it will then be disenchanted for all instead.
- All players receive the same amount of Gold per disenchanted upgrade.
Below is a table with the current disenchant values, which are based on the rarity of the card and its tier:
|Rarity / Upgrade Tier||One (I)||Two (II)||Three (III)|
|Common||50 Gold||300 Gold||900 Gold|
|Uncommon||100 Gold||450 Gold||1500 Gold|
|Rare||150 Gold||650 Gold||2500 Gold|
|Ultra Rare||250 Gold||950 Gold||3500 Gold|
In Battlegrounds (randomly generated PvE matches) all players of the match are rewarded with Gold upon winning the map. The scenario type currently does not influence the reward. With increasing difficulty, the gold reward increases as well. The table below depicts the current Gold rewards:
- Gold Chests can only be found in Campaign (PvE) and Battlegrounds (rPvE).
- Gold Chests in Community maps are purely decorative and cannot be opened.
- In Campaign games, Gold Chests are always located in the same position, depending on the max number of players of the map up to eight chests in total, in Battlegrounds there are depending on difficutly more chests randomly distributed over the map, but within enemy camps.
- Gold Chests can be opened using nearby unoccupied own ground units by right-clicking on the chest. During their spawn animation units are unoccupied. The received gold from opened chests during the game is also granted if the game is lost in the end.
- One of the current Quests (Treasure Hunter) has the condition to open seven gold Chests.
- Gold Chests give all players in the active game a random gold value but within a fixed range. This range depends on the difficulty of the match and the number of already opened gold boxes.
- The first opened chest gives only half of the base gold range, but the second one gives double the base gold range.
- Third chest onwards, the value is always within the base gold range.
- This is a measure to avoid abuse of players by simple fast opening of the first, often easily accessible gold chest and then exiting the match.
- The greatest base gold range is available on Expert or rPvE 9-10. If played only on Advanced or rPvE 6-8, the range is halved and for Standard or rPvE 1-5 even divided by three (truncation of rest).
Below is a table with the current gold ranges:
Below is a table with the total number of obtainable gold chests sorted by map. For more specific location information visit the respective map page.
|Map Name||Total Number of Obtainable Chests||Map Name||Total Number of Obtainable Chests|
|1 Player Scenarios||2 Player Scenarios|
|Behind Enemy Lines||4 Chests||Convoy||6 Chests|
|Defending Hope||2 Chests||Crusade||6 Chests|
|Encounters with Twilight||4 Chests||Nightmare Shard||6 Chests|
|(Introduction)||0 Chests||Nightmare's End||6 Chests|
|Mo||4 Chests||Slave Master||6 Chests|
|Ocean||6 Chests||Sunbridge||6 Chests|
|Oracle||4 Chests||The Insane God||6 Chests|
|Siege of Hope||4 Chests|
|The Soultree||3 Chests|
|The Treasure Fleet||4 Chests|
|4 Player Scenarios||12 Player Scenarios|
|Bad Harvest||8 Chests||Ascension||Chests|
|Blight||8 Chests||Passage to Darkness||Chests|
|King of the Giants||8 Chests|
|Raven's End||8 Chests|
|The Dwarven Riddle||8 Chests|
|The Guns of Lyr||8 Chests|