Rarity determines how often a card appears in boosters, and how expensive its card upgrades are.
There are four different card rarities: Common (bronze), UnCommon (silver), Rare (gold), and Ultra-Rare (diamond). In Skylords Reborn, promo cards are considered a special rarity above Ultra Rare, with a low chance to drop from boosters. This is unlike BattleForge where all promo cards were given out for special occasions. Below is a list how the respective rarity icons look like:
|Rarity / Edition||Twilight Edition||Renegade Edition||Lost Souls Edition||Amii Edition|
Like in any Trading Card Game, a booster pack, aka booster, is a package of cards that can be purchased. Players buy boosters to generate random new cards and add them to their collection. In the current Stress Test each booster costs 450 BFP . The cards from all four BattleForge sets will be mixed in one type of booster. Unopened booster packs are placed in the player's Inventory window.
Each booster consists of eight cards, with the following rarity distribution:
- Card 1: 0.5% Promo, 19.5% Ultra Rare, 80% Rare
- Card 2: 15% Rare, 85% Uncommon
- Card 3: 20% Uncommon, 80% Common
- Card 4: Uncommon
- Cards 5,6,7 and 8: Common
The rarity distribution (promo rate) may be subject to change, but either way the goal for Skylords Reborn is to make acquiring cards easier while still maintaining the original collection building experience. For more information, see this forum thread.
If you would like to open a few boosters for yourself, you can try out a Booster Simulator here.
Right now only General Booster Packs are available, that contain cards of all editions.
- There are 171 common cards in the game, 152 uncommon cards, 145 rare cards, and 71 ultra rare cards, which make in total 539 obtainable cards in the game.
- The Booster Pack can contain every card, excluding achievements / redeem codes. , and as those can only be obtained via