Bad Harvest is a 4-player PvE Scenario map that can be played on Standard, Advanced and Expert difficulty. It is part of the campaign The Treasure and the King.
Protect one piece of an unimaginable treasure and face the wrath of a giant.
Plot"The treasure paid to the giants in exchange for the new sun had been stolen by the mortal king of fire, known to some as the Red King. His actions brought the wrath of the giants down on all mortals.
Yet one of the missing treasure wagons was found. The Lyrish humans sent a messenger to the Giant King, Jorne. They offered him the wagon in the hope of gaining a truce.
But news of the treasure attracted marauders who hungered not for peace, but simply blood and gold. With them came a rogue giant and his Stonekin minions."
— The Aedai Chronicles
Bad Harvest - Conclusion"Many in the mortal realm thought it likely the giants would not accept the mortal’s offer but Jorne, the Giant King, proved willing to enter a short truce. Though his decision was not a popular one among his people the wily Jorne saw the Twilight curse would eventually take its toll even on the giants.
The truce lasted one short month, but served to show there could be peace between mortal and giant."
— The Aedai Chronicles
|Bad Harvest|| Available Tier 1 Upgrades|
| Available Tier 2 Upgrades|
|Available Tier 3 Upgrades (Total: 23)|
|List of Card Upgrades|| || || |
Positions 1 and 2 are very similar, both need to focus hard on defense in the start, because they only have access to t2 and are being pushed by a lot of waves from many spawns, and later on even a grinder, and if they are not ready for it they can lose their t1 unless player 4 is in a position to help them. Your defense should includes 3 or 4 strong defense towers, such as, , and other strong towers. Once your defense is set up you can start pushing, but at this point players 3 and 4 should be in a position to go up and end the game using t4 units. If they are not, and you get a chance to push, there are a few options. If you go lost souls, meaning frost shadow orbs, using lost shade to push can be really good, using viridya as well to heal them and kill any flying units that may come. If you use stonekin using and will allow you to push easier. remember to use support spells such as and . From both positions you should remember that waves are still coming so be careful about getting attacked from both sides. After killing the first stonekin boss and getting your t3, best for position 1 to get to trap the spawn coming from the north and being able to destroy the entire t1 defense getting power back. one of you should go and push with t4.
In poisiton 3 there aren't many defense options because a grinder with 2 stone warriors will push the gold cart at about 3:40 minutes. First of all you need to take a well and an orb at your t2, then rush up withusing to freeze the bandit trooper and the rest of the middle camp. Rushing straight to the upper orb and getting a second shadow orb, killing your Dreadcharger for power back, and spawning above the orb with a below it. if you seem to be slow about setting this up you can get the wall up to slow the grinder down. At about 4:00, you can spawn near the bottom wall, and spawn a next to it, use the skyelf templar's ability on the ice barrier, and it will trap the spawns coming from the bottom, meaning no more spawns will come, until minute 20 where 2 bandit walkers will spawn from the middle camp and come up, but by then you should have 4 orbs, and you can use on the Ice barrier, making it take 85% less damage. The combination of skyelf templar and skyelf commander will tank both of the walkers, with the 2 spawns that are attacking it. You can also spawn a unit or 2 and kill the walkers if you don't want to go 2 frost orbs. After setting up the ice barrier and skyelf templar you should focus on defending the upper wall. getting another church is the safest, but you don't have to, if you get 2 lost banestones fast enough. You can start getting wells after getting a templar on the church. To make the defense self sufficient, you need to get 2 kobold engineers and a skyelf templar on the church, if you use 2 churches, 3 kobold engineers and a skyelf templar on the church that is being used most. After some time you will start getting attacked by razorshards, and church of negation can't reach them. To deal with them you have 3 options before you get to t4. Using nether warp to teleport them close enough for your church of negation to kill, or using an engineer or dreadcharger to get into melee range with the razorshard and pulling the slowly into church's range. At t4 you'd want to spawn a construct to make the defense entirely self sufficient and you can forget about it and help the rest of your team to push and end the game.
In position 4 it is always better to go from poisiton 3 path, clearing the middle base and going down to your 2 orbs. That way, you also help poistion 3 by lowering spawn waves to his bases, as well as only needing to fight 1 wall and not 2. When you reach your 3rd orb, coming from above, you can quickly get your t3 before even getting wells, and setting up a. by that point no grinders should come from the middle camp yet, so you only have to deal with stonekin rageflame and earthkeepers, so trap a unit using the lost banestone and kill the rest. If the player on position 3 trapped the spawns correctly, then one lost banestone near your 3rd orb and another one near your first orb are enough so that no more spawns will come to either you or player 3 from that base. If you wish to help player 1 you can put a lost banestone near their t1 as well and trapping the spawn coming from the higher base as well, making it easier for him to defend.
How to win the game after getting t4:
In t3 you should have frost shadow shadow/nature. position 3 needs to go t4 frost for skyelf commander to help defend the south wall and trap the 2 incoming bandit walkers. Either way the best and easiest way to win is orb switching the frost orb to nature, and going t4 nature, so with 2 nature orbs and 2 shadow orbs you can push the fastest and easiest. Usingto push through everything, using spells like to cc incoming enemies and to ignore enemies you don't need to kill. After killing the last stonekin boss, push through mid and going to the left side of the healers, killing the anti air tower and using green peace to make the enemies not attack you, you then spawn and , set up the necrofury next to the healers and use the fallen skyelf ability on the titan, use on the necrofury and necrofury's ability Bone shards on the titan killing him in 1 shot and ending the game. Position 4 should be in the best position to do this but in case he is slow everyone else can do this.
- The player has to start on starting position 4.
- Spawn 2 + 1
- Take all 4 walls with the
- Exit the base through the gate of starting position 3.
- 0:50 Activate ability, attack the Bandit Camp with them
- Wait until both Bandit Strikers charge at them
- Send both towards the wagon, keep them closely to the wall to the right
- Take over the Bandit Sniper with the that is less close to the wagon
- Run with both units that remain to the 2 wells that are north in the wagon's base
- 1:33 Take the lower well of those 2 with 's ground presence, heal up the possibly damaged Bandit Sniper there
- Keep running with the to the upper wall, dodge potential cannon shots
- 1:40 Take the upper wall
- Run with the to the orb that is in the wagon's base
- 2:09 Build as T2 a Frost Orb, kill the afterwards
- Once the orb is built spawn , man the upper wall with them, activate their ability, repair the possibly damaged wall
- (2:59 Spawn Nightguard in Base, run up to center)
- Focus 1 of the incoming Stonekin Warriors with the
- Use every 25 seconds on the attacked wall segments
- Wait until the incoming Grinder starts attacking the wall, otherwise the Snipers shot will deal AoE and not kill as told in the next step
- Use the Bandit Sniper's long range shot to kill the right crystal fiend, then start attacking the Grinder with it
- 3:19 Spawn at the player 4 starting position, run up to the spot where player 2 would have a second monument to hide there
- (3:50 Swap archers for at the base gate of player 1)
- 3:51 First Stonekin Warrior dies, switch aggro to the second remaining one
- 3:58 Spawn at the Frost monument to walk to the wall south of the wagon's base, do not take the wall
- After the Grinder dies, retreat the Bandit Sniper to the 1 well you took, keeps finishing off the 2nd Stonekin Warrior with
- 4:25 Place down at the spot between tree and flower below the lower wall
- Send the afterwards to the well aswell
- 4:44 The wall at starting position of player 1 gets fully destroyed / is manually destroyed (unknown)
- 4:50 Summon to head the and activate her ability at a certain spot to connect with the building and provide constant healing
- 5:00 After the second Stonekin Warrior up north dies, the can be killed / if incoming have to also kill the Bandit Defenders.
- 5:19 Summon a second , send up north over the lake and wait there
- 5:41 The initial orb at the starting position gets destroyed
- 5:45 destroy upper wall at wagon, walk through north with sniper and archers, sometimes bandit defenders (archers) coming condition yet unknown, have to be killed!
- 5:58 place ice barrier 2x up there
- walks with units to the right to drag meelee attackers away, then kills his units
- make sure to have 1 squad of stonekin shards and 1 earthkeeper attacking, otherwise it will fall
- activates ability of skyelf templar top to save the ice barrier on the left
- 6:32 spawn master archers to head to lower skyelf templer
- 6:51 builds 2 warden sigils at lower wagon wall to shield first sigil
- then takes all wells at wagon
- 9:30 takes well at P2 T2
- then spawns master archers there and drags with the skelleton warriors the guys at his original orb away, takes all wells there and builds his orbs
- before taking his original t1 orb he kills the steelguards with 2 master archers on p3 wall (because his orb would attack them)
- 14:42 summons skyelf commander and crytsalfiend to enfore lower defense, then upper defense aswell
- 19:00 pulls the upper crystalfiend away to reposition the defense later
Strategy & Notes
All spawns on the map depend on the spawn before them dying, meaning if you can trap a spawn, no more spawns will come. Because of that cards likeor make the map a lot easier.